Are you passionate about building BC communities? At Station One Architects, our design experts specialize in three core areas: education & community facilities, affordable & care housing and market multi-family residential projects. We’re looking for an experienced senior architectural technologist who will share our commitment tocreating vital community spaces that inspire.
We are humbly confident in transforming our clients’ vision into built form.
We value our clients:We listen. We’re easy to work with. We deliver on time and on budget.
We value our team: We believe in work-life balance. We care about team culture and offer growth opportunities.
We have big aspirations: We are a leading architectural firm in the province and we’re still growing.Every member of our team is part of our success. We are committed to exploration and innovation.
You are a master of the technical considerations that support great building design. As our newest senior architectural technologist, you’ll be a vital member of our project teams and a valued leader. You’ll use Revit and other visual communication tools to assist and lead in the production of design and construction documents for a range of educational, affordable housing and multi-family projects in communities across BC. We are a company of creative minds. Grow your career where innovation and new ideas are valued.
– Produce complete sets of working drawings, graphic presentations and visualizations.
– Coordinate and lead project meetings with clients and consultants.
– Assist with the preparation of specifications and addenda.
– Review shop drawings, coordinate RFI responses and perform field reviews.
– Provide leadership and training for team members.
– Maintain current knowledge of the relevant standards and codes.
– Assist in other technical, administrative and general duties as required.
– Travel to clients and project sites across BC as required.
– Participate in relevant continuing education opportunities.
– Contribute to SOA’s team culture and model our core values.
– Experienced in the production of construction drawings for medium-to-large-scale projects.
– Can prepare and assemble complete construction documents for permit applications and tender.
– Knowledge of all types of construction and applying the BC Building Code.
– Fluency in Revit and applicable graphic presentation and visualization programs.
– Proficiency in Lumion and Microsoft 365.
– Highly collaborative leader who can direct, coach and inspire team members.
– Ability to communicate effectively with clients and consultants; can interpret and address client needs.
– Proactive and detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
– Ability to align with SOA’s design sensibilities.
– Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Confident and engaging public speaker.
– Ability to meet deadlines in a high-performance environment.
– Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills.
– Lifelong learner.
– Bonus points – experience in educational, multi-family, affordable housing and/or high-rise projects.
– Minimum 2–4-year diploma or post-secondary degree in Architectural or Building Sciences, or equivalent.
– Minimum 8-10 years’ experience as an architectural technologist.
Let’s talk. This full-time position in Chilliwack offers a competitive salary, full health & dental benefits package. SOA supports continuing education to keep us at the forefront.
Look us up at www.soarchitects.comand follow us @stationone_architects. Apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to [email protected]. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.