The Nigerian Institute of Architects
The Policy Making Body for Architects In Nigeria
Welcome to The Nigerian Institute of Architects
Where We Build Your Visions
The Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA) was founded on the 1st of April 1960 as an association of independent professional architects with the aims and objectives of fostering friendship amongst members, cater for their welfare and establish mutual support and cooperation amongst them.
The idea for the formation of an independent professional architect’s organization in Nigeria was first conceived and motivated by three Nigerian architects while still pursuing their training in England in the early fifties.
In 1958, an 8-member study group was formed to carry out the detailed planning for the establishment of the Institute which ultimately culminated in inauguration of the Institute.
From a modest 13 members at inauguration, the Institute has experienced a phenomenal growth in its membership, activities, stature and influence both at national and international levels. Total membership today stands at about 12000 in 5 classes of membership including Fellows, Full members, Associates, Graduates _ Students members spread across 31 Chapters and the Federal Capital Territory.
Arc. S.T. Echono, fnia, pnia
Book an Appointment
Kindly fill the book an appointment form to schedule a meeting with the Honorary General Secretary
Arc. Moradeke Okunrinboye, fnia
Honorary General Secretary
Our Core Value
We remain true to the same principles on which Nigerian Institute of Architects (N.I.A) was founded since 1960: producing members that create superior designs, shaping our world and, putting safety first, to creating opportunities for our people.
- Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards - Dear Colleagues, I am delighted to forward you the information regarding the launch of the 2021 edition of the Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards, which seek to build upon the success of the inaugural Awards in 2019. The Awards aim to recognise, celebrate and support innovations and forward-looking solutions that are helping Commonwealth countries achieve …
- CAA’s GlobalABC engagement activities -Climate Framework initiative. -
- REQUEST FOR YOUR 2021 PROGRAMME OF ACTIVITIES - Dear Chapter/Committee Chair, Above subject refers. We bring you compliments of the season and best wishes for the new year 2021 and trust that you are doing great and staying safe. This notice is requesting you to kindly forward your programme of activities for the year 2021 to the Secretariat for consideration and inclusion of same in the …
- NIA SECRETARIAT RESUMPTION 2021 - Distinguished Colleagues, We bring you compliments of the season and best wishes for the new year 2021 and trust that you are doing great and staying safe. Notice is hereby given that the NIA Secretariat has resumed fully for operations today being Monday, 11th January, 2021. You are also by this notice reminded to pay up your dues …
- OBITUARY ANNOUNCEMENT OF ARC. DR. PHILIP ZEGETAR IYORTYER - In memory of the distinguished late Arc. Philip Zegetar Iyortyer, The Nigerian Institute of Architects has endowed an annual Philip Iyortyer Prize for the Best Tropical Architectural Design of the graduating class at the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.
- Commonwealth family to come together in solidarity to help Fiji - Dear Member Organizations, Greetings from the Commonwealth Association of Architects! Hope all is great at your end. This is in reference to Fiji. As you all know that unfortunately , Fiji has been severely affected by tropical Cyclone Yasa. It caused heavy destruction to infrastructure, buildings and agricultural areas. The Government of Fiji speaks of hundreds …
- Letter to IIMA to stop the demolition of Louis Kahn’s Dormitories - Dear Member Organisations,Greetings from the Commonwealth Association of Architects!This is regarding the recent announcement by IIMA to demolish 14 of the 18 dormitory buildings designed by Louis Kahn, on the IIMA campus. We have drafted a letter that we would like to circulate widely across ‘a diverse, local, and global community of architects, academics, cultural critics, …
- Message from the UIA2021RIO Executive Committee - Greetings to everyone registered for the 27th World Congress of Architects – UIA2021RIO, together with its speakers, guests, and staff. Amid so much suffering and so many tragic losses, we express our support, inviting everyone to reflect on the experiences and lessons learned during 2020. Inspired by difficulties all over the world, the UIA2021RIO Executive …
- Interview with Jan Gehl - THE UIA TALKS TO JAN GEHL: 1993 PATRICK ABERCROMBIE PRIZE LAUREATE Danish architect and urban design consultant Jan Gehl is recognised worldwide for his commitment to people-centered, humanistic urban planning. Born in Copenhagen, Denmark on 17 September 1936, his career has focused on improving the quality of urban life by re-orienting city design towards the pedestrian and cyclist. A founding partner of Gehl …
- 2021 INVOICE FOR ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION -