The Nigerian Institute of Architects
The Policy Making Body for Architects In Nigeria
Welcome to The Nigerian Institute of Architects
Where We Build Your Visions
The Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA) was founded on the 1st of April 1960 as an association of independent professional architects with the aims and objectives of fostering friendship amongst members, cater for their welfare and establish mutual support and cooperation amongst them.
The idea for the formation of an independent professional architect’s organization in Nigeria was first conceived and motivated by three Nigerian architects while still pursuing their training in England in the early fifties.
In 1958, an 8-member study group was formed to carry out the detailed planning for the establishment of the Institute which ultimately culminated in inauguration of the Institute.
From a modest 13 members at inauguration, the Institute has experienced a phenomenal growth in its membership, activities, stature and influence both at national and international levels. Total membership today stands at about 12000 in 5 classes of membership including Fellows, Full members, Associates, Graduates _ Students members spread across 31 Chapters and the Federal Capital Territory.
Arc. S.T. Echono, fnia, pnia
Book an Appointment
Kindly fill the book an appointment form to schedule a meeting with the Honorary General Secretary
Arc. Moradeke Okunrinboye, fnia
Honorary General Secretary
Our Core Value
We remain true to the same principles on which Nigerian Institute of Architects (N.I.A) was founded since 1960: producing members that create superior designs, shaping our world and, putting safety first, to creating opportunities for our people.
- THESIS SURVEY - Distinguished Colleagues, Please make out some time to give your insightful feedback on the issues raised in the following online questionnaire to aid a PhD research, into the impact of Resilient Architecture on urban/building planning and implementation process for physical security as a defensive approach to counter-terrorism strategy. This research has the hallmarks of being …
- UIA Newsletter – 6 April 2021 - UIA – NewsletterView online 2021 UIA GOLD MEDAL & PRIZESDEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS EXTENDED The UIAannounces the extension of the deadline for nominations for the 2021 UIA Gold Medal and Prizes to 12 April.The international jury for the 2021 UIA Triennial Gold Medal and Prizes includes Eva Jiricna (Czech Republic/UK), Kai-Uwe Bergmann (USA/Denmark), Victor Leonel (Angola), President of the Africa Union of Architects (AUA), Nadia Somekh (Brazil), Presidente …
- Invitation to the launch of the Cities and Pandemics Report of UN-Habitat [30 March 2021, 14:30-17:00 EAT on Webe - Dear Member Organisations, Greetings from the Commonwealth Association of Architects! We are forwarding to you the link to the launch of the UN-Habitat Report on “Citiesand Pandemics: Towards a more just, green and healthy future”on Tuesday 30 March 2021 at 14:30 – 17:00 hrs EAT (11:30 – 14:00 GMT). Please find more information in the flyers attached, …
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR A PAID SKILLS ACQUISITION TRAINING - Distinguished Colleague, Find attached call for applications for a paid skills acquisition training organised by the contractors of the NNPC-AKK gas project for our youth. Let’s share widely please. Closing date: 31st March, 2021. Thank you Arc. Moradeke Okunrinboye, fnia Honorary General Secretary
- ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE -
- CALL FOR ARTICLES. - Distinguished Colleague, The Nigerian Institute of Architects Library and Publication Committee ARCHITECTURE NIGERIA MAGAZINE – 2nd Ed. CALL FOR ARTICLES. This is a call for articles from Architects and relevant stakeholders, to be published in the 2nd Edition of the magazine. The theme is RENEWABLE ENERGY AND ARCHITECTURE. Such quality work reflecting any aspect of the …
- UIA2021RIO Open Week – Five days to go! - Five days to go! It’s almost here: The World’s First Open Week of Architecture and Urban Planning at UIA2021RIO! The content will be open, available at no charge for you to explore this occasion: the world’s largest Architecture and Urban Planning event. The second discussion of the week features Alfredo Brillembourg, talking about: What Really is the …
- UIA Newsletter – 16 MARCH 2021 - UIA2021RIO DIGITAL WEEK 22-25 MARCH: WEAKNESSES & INEQUALITIES The month of March marks the beginning of the 27th UIA World Congress with the introduction of 12 digital conferences on the four thematic axes of the Congress: Diversity & Mixture, Weaknesses & Inequalities, Changes & Emergencies and Transience & Flows. The discussions, 100% online, free & global, will invite debate and discussion from experts from around …
- NOTICE FOR THE INDUCTION OF NEWLY ADMITTED MEMBERS - Notice is hereby given that there will be Induction Ceremony of Newly Admitted Members (FULL, ASSOCIATES, GRADUATES, ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGISTS) who are yet to receive their Certificates. The ceremony is scheduled to hold on site at the venue of the Distinguished Lecture Series in Lagos slated for the 20th May, 2021. All eligible members are by this notice required to …
- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - Distinguished Colleague, The Architecture of Nigeria as part of the activities marking the Sixtieth anniversary celebrations of The Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA), the Library and Publications Committee of the Institute is putting together a compendium of Architectural works executed within the geographical landscape of Nigeria spanning from Pre-Independence to Contemporary era. Interested Members and Firms can …